How NMANS has impacted K-12 private schooling
Although the New Mexico Association of Non-Profit Schools (NMANS) is a small association overseen by a board and State Director who are also full-time non-public administrators, the long history of the association (founded in 1975) is one of accomplishment and local impact upon thousands of families and hundreds of schools.
Some highlights of NMANS accomplishments include:
- NMANS is the only association to provide teacher and administrative conferences based upon the needs and current trends in our New Mexico non-public schools.
- Led the effort in 1995 to gain Public Education Department (PED) recognition of K-12 private school accreditation.
- Facilitated approval of the textbook loan program which provided over $1 million annually in instructional materials for non-public school students
- Currently working to maintain instructional materials funding for private schools through the US and State Supreme Courts.
- Currently working to bring school choice options to New Mexico